Saturday, November 29, 2008


Well, after having our house conditionally sold for two weeks, then signing the papers for the sale on Thursday, unfortunately the deal fell through last night. To say we are disappointed would be a understatment at best.

This is one of those times that although we know that God is faithful and we only have to look back in our lives to see evidence of it, we are asking "why"? I was talking with a friend last night and she was telling me the difference between belief and faith - we can believe that a chair will hold us, however faith is actually sitting in the chair. We believe God is faithful and has everything in control, but having the faith to actually rest in that promise can sometimes be really difficult, especially during the hard, disappointing times.

Right now we are praying for wisdom and guidance to know for sure what we should do. Our moving date is exactly two weeks from today, Dec 13/08 and there is a lot that needs to happen between now and then. We would appreciate any additional prayers for wisdom at this time.

Thursday, November 6, 2008

Still waiting...

It's been a while since we've updated our blog. Some things have happened, others haven't.
We went out to Cochrane to measure our house out there, and were pleasantly surprised to discover that it's actually bigger than we originally thought. We should be able to fit most of our furniture in the various rooms, which means less to have to store.
Kerri and Julia also were able to go to Julia's new school, which we are very excited about. It seems to be a great school, and Julia is excited to go there.
Some other things are taking a while longer than we had hoped, mainly selling our house. It is a slow market right now. We have had about 6-8 showings but no serious offers yet. We reduced our asking price by $10 000, so hopefully something will happen.
We are trying to not be discouraged by the length of time it is taking, and are trying to trust God that He will work things out like He has over and over (and over and over...) in the past, but it's hard while in the midst of everything to sit back and not worry. The way that we had it pictured was for a quick sale so that we would have lots of time to get everything else done in preparation for moving. We will be moving on December 13, whether the house is sold or not (I think). I hope that it doesn't come down to that, but we have to trust that God knows what He is doing.
We are following Him as best we can, and know that going back to school is the next step, so I'm sure that He will work out the details, right?