Thursday, February 16, 2012

Love in Action

"Dear children, let us not love with words or speech but with actions and in truth"  
I John 3:18

I saw this verse in action this morning at a coffee shop that I frequent.  When I arrived, there was a man sitting at one of the tables outside, yelling and muttering to anyone who was around.  All I could understand of his Visayan was "don't enter" after that I was lost.  I gathered my backpack and my computer, ignored him and walked into the coffee shop and began to set up at a table.  I could still hear him as I was inside as could the employees.  As I watched, one of the employees went over to the window to take a look at him and then did something that surprised me - he walked outside and gave the man a coffee.  I have to admit that I thought he was going to tell him to leave the area or something similar, but instead he chose to show love to this man by his actions. 

It was a good reminder to me of the importance of showing Jesus to those around me through both my actions and my words.

No comments: