Saturday, February 14, 2009

Reality

The sale of our house went through yesterday and now instead of house keys we have a cheque that needs to last us for the next two and half years or so. The reality of that is beginning to hit and I don't really know how I feel. After living in our own home for almost 10 years, it's kind of strange to be "borrowing" this house for our duration here at Seminary. Although I feel very thankful and excited that God provided the sale of our house in such a terrible market, a part of me feels a little bit sad to see it go. In a society where such an emphasis is placed on possessions it seems somewhat wrong to let go of such a big one. I know that we have to do this in order to fully follow where God is leading us, but I am realizing that sometimes being stretched and challenged doesn't feel all that great!

Kerri

1 comment:

Chantelle said...

I know what you mean about losing the things you hold dear and what they meant to you, even though they were possessions. I still miss our beautiful house in calgary which we built ourselves, and i allow myself to mourn it and then move on. It is so much better to make the choice to chase God, even half way around the world, and the plans he has for us then to have those physical comforts, but dont kid yourselves that we DO miss it somedays too :) We are a product of our culture. We are praying for you all!!