Wednesday, May 11, 2011

A busy week

The past week has been crazy.  It has been very full of emotions of all kinds.  Much of the past week has been hard, as we were faced with the death of the son of some good friends.  There has been a great deal of tears and pain as a result.  Needless to say, this has been the dominant thing in our thoughts and prayers.

In addition to that though, there have been some really good things.  I graduated on Saturday!  It has been a long time coming, and it seems hard to believe, but I am no longer a student!  I can now put some fancy letters behind my name (from now on I will be known as Steve Oishi, B.C.Min).

I have also been given the opportunity to continue on at Rockyview Alliance as a full time (PAID!) intern, at least until we leave for the Philippines.

God has continued to show His faithfulness in so many ways.  Just the other day, we received a letter in the mail from someone we didn't know.  They had stumbled across this blog, and decided to read it.  The person wrote us an encouraging letter in response, and enclosed a donation for our journey! (Thank you Silver!)

Kerri and I are both exhausted right now, mainly from emotional stress, but also from many hours spent driving to be with our friends in their time of need.  But through it all we know that God is faithful and He will help us to get through!

No comments: