Friday, April 1, 2011

Things are coming together!

It seems strange to think that in 3 short months we will be getting on a plane to move halfway around the world.  That seems intimidating at times, exciting at other times.  There is still much to do, but things are falling into place.

As Kerri mentioned previously, we have our flights booked.  We all have new passports.  We are having our last official fundraiser tomorrow.  We are heading up to Edmonton soon to get our paperwork certified by the Philippine Consulate.  We have a couple of big boxes to ship stuff and have found a company to look after shipping for us.  We have also managed to pre-sell a bunch of our stuff.  The finances are falling into place, and it is amazing to see how God has provided and how we are surrounded by people who are supportive of us and what we are doing.

I am almost done my schooling.  Graduation is coming up very quickly!  One more month to go!  I will be really glad to be done.  I have enjoyed it a lot, but it's time to be done and to move on.  I am finishing my internship at the church, which has been a great experience - very eye-opening into the life of a pastor!  I even get to preach on Palm Sunday (April 17).  That should be interesting.  I've never preached before, so we'll see how it goes!

There is still lots more to come in the next few months, but it's nice to see that things are coming together!

No comments: